Some interesting links for a Friday afternoon/weekend read:
- A new issue of BISA’s International Studies Today has been published, with an excellent forum, if I may say so myself (having organised it!), on Matt McDonald’s Security, the Environment and Emancipation.
- There is growing debate over the International Studies Association’s proposal to ban those involved in editing ISA journals from blogging, claiming it is unprofessional. Opponents of the proposal argue that blogging plays an increasingly important role in academia, both as a teaching tool and as a way to publish research more widely. There seems to be some progress, however.
And in other news:
- We’ve all head of the American dream, but what about the Chinese dream?
- You really can never have too many maps: 40 more maps that explain the world – check out number 12, displaying ‘walls of the world’..
- Are women human yet? An interesting blog series from Saving Humans
- Almost everything in Dr Strangelove was true